3D animator - contract position
Red Letter Films, an award-winning television production company, has an opportunity for an experienced 3D animator to join our post production team and work on our broadcast medical docu-drama series. We are looking for someone with strong 3D animation skills, with a specialty in human anatomy, to work in a deadline driven environment at our offices in South Surrey. This is a contract position for a British Columbia resident from April through July 2017. A working knowledge of written French is an asset. Pay commensurate with experience.
What you need:
- A diploma or certificate from a reputable animation school.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as an animator in broadcast motion graphics or gaming is preferred. But recent graduates with amazing skills will be considered.
- Examples of your 3D work.
- Experience with Cinema 4D and/or Maya, After Effects & Premiere Pro.
- Great time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
in a fast-paced production environment, and the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English and written French in order to read scripts, meet deadlines and follow directions.
- A seriously positive attitude.
What you will be doing:
Working closely with the series director and producer to design the look of the animations.
Work creatively with pre-constructed human models to produce original, informative and aesthetically pleasing visual segments.
Rig and animate anatomical segments to represent symptoms, diseases and treatments per our scripts.
Anchor text description to moving body parts.
Render and export animation for use in Premiere Pro.
How to apply:
If you think this is the perfect gig for you then email your resumé and a cover letter that will convince us that you would be the best candidate for the position. Include "3D animator" in the subject line.
Note that you need to be BC resident on or before December 31st, 2016.
Only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in Red Letter Films and we wish you success in your job search!